- Me: wow I am so sore from my workout I can barely move my arms or walk or even function properly
- Me: ...
- Me: THIS IS GREAT
1. Accept the reality of what has happened.
2. Accept and experience the full negative emotional impact. For example, it’s likely to damage your self-confidence and undermine your self-esteem. You are also likely to experience loss.
3. Talk about it with people who understand and care. This will help you to process the negative emotions so you can start to heal and move on with your life.
4. Change the way you think about yourself and the negative experience. See it as something you can learn and grow from – and not as something that destroys your life.
5. “When one door closes another opens” so get back in the game and embrace life again. Set yourself new goals, and embrace a dream again. Something even better may be waiting for you!